Energy and Bioeconomy
The Danube-INCO.NET project addressed, inter alia, sustainable energy efficiency, renewable energy and the development of bioeconomy as societal challenges relevant for the Danube Region. Danube-INCO.NET intended to improve the potential of the Danube Region for research and innovation in these selected societal challenges. The Work package 3 combined a set of actions to increase networking and cooperation at transnational level in the above mentioned sectors.
WP3 focuses on the following topics:
- assessment of the potential of the Danube Region for research and innovation in selected societal challenges: "secure, clean and EFFICIENT ENERGY", in particular energy efficiency and renewable energy and "food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the BIO-ECONOMY", focussing on the development of the bio-economy
- identification of the overall potential of the macro-region and of specific sub-regions (in line with the smart specialisation model), existing gaps and possibilities to overcome them, strengthens the links between the actors in research and innovation (along the lines of the triple helix concept (business, academia, government), facilitates clustering and exploit cross-border synergies
- dissemination (with WP7) of the results to the governments using policy briefs and targeted input to the development and implementation of national strategies
- support of two pilot activities to raise awareness on specific instruments, with the aim to promote concrete transnational cooperation in the field of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy for the development of bio-economy e.g. through contribution to development of e.g. an ERIC (European Research Infrastructure Consortium) or KIC (Knowledge and Innovation Communities) in the field - or other suggestions coming up from the clustering and networking.
The project set up a DATABASE of actors across the selected sectors, energy efficiency/renewable energy and the bio-economy, starting with direct stakeholders. It is an efficient tool for networking activities and beyond, fostering exchange of information within and across different sectors.
Two pilot actions were selected by external evaluators after a restricted call for project partners and some external stakeholders. Several proposals were submitted and the following two were considered as capable to generate tangible results in support to the implementation of the EUSDR:
- Pilot Action 1 - Towards a Danube bioeconomy RTI strategy for appropriate regional added value chains (PA-bioeconomy RTI strategy)
- Pilot Action 2 - Building a Bioeconomy Research and Advocacy Network in the Danube Region (DANUBIONET)
Find here the other available results within this project workpackage. For any specific questions or inputs, feel free to get in touch with the main partners coordinating and executing the activities by writing to: Energy.Bioeconomy@danube-inco.net
Below you can access directly the portal information content referring to the Energy and Bioeconomy issues.
- Date: March 25-27, 2015
- Posted on: 20.03.2015
- Created by: Marina Juricev
CEI – JRC EC Workshop on Advanced Biofuels, Biorefinery and Bio-Economy: A Challenge for Central and East European Countries
Within the overall objective of promoting the sustainable production and use of advanced biofuels, biorefinery and bio-economy, the Workshop aims at providing...read more
- Date: March 26-27, 2015
- Posted on: 13.03.2015
- Created by: Maurizio Vulcano
The Hungarian Academy of Sciences and the Wuppertal Institute are kindly inviting to the conference “Perspectives of Renewable Energy in the Danube Region...read more
- Posted on: 12.03.2015
- Created by: Maurizio Vulcano
Competition for land in Europe is increasing, due to a growing population and increasing demands, especially in cities. Housing, a growing infrastructure...read more