Health Impact of Nanotechnology (HINO)
The project aims to fill up the gap in understanding the health impact of nanotechnology putting together scientists working on NP health effects in countries along the Danube river.
- Posted on: 20.10.2014
- Project date: January 2014 - December 2020
- Acronym: HINO
- Coordinating institute: Institute of Interdisciplinary Research in BioNanoSciences, Cluj-Napoca
- There is the need to better evaluate nanoparticles exposure of workers, consumers and NPs fate in the environment.
- The knowledge about NPs health and safety issues is limited.
- Nanotoxicology is an emerging discipline, but there are many gaps in knowledge.
- studying penetration of NPS available on the market into the body and possible health effects of nanoparticles;
- defining preventive measures to be applied to avoid the possible adverse effects related to NP;
- producing guidelines inside the concept of living labs for workers and consumers to help people living in the Danube region;
Impacts of the project
- Disseminating knowledge;
- Increasing collaboration among scientists along the Danube river;
- Producing high quality research for a better knowledge of NP safety;
- Guidelines to be used by stakeholders of the macro-region;
- Cooperation among universities and research facilities;
- Upgrading research and education outcomes;
- Disseminate knowledge and preventing the possible toxicity related to NP exposure;