Business and Innovation Centre Bratislava
Coordinator of the Enterprise Europe Network in Slovakia, National FP7 Support Structures, FP7 INCO NCP, Regional Innovation Strategies (4), cluster development incl. research clusters, policy support, innovation and technology transfer infrastructure (national and local level).
BIC Bratislava was established in 1991 as a first Business and Innovation Centre in the Central and Eastern Europe. Since then BIC Bratislava became a leading expert organisation for entrepreneurial support, internationalisation of businesses, innovation, research and regional development in Slovakia. Main activities of BIC Bratislava:
- development of innovative business and support of the public-private (academia-industry) partnerships
- supporting innovation and trans-national technological cooperation in Slovakia as a coordinator of Enterprise Europe Network in Slovakia (2008-2014) and Innovation Relay Centres (19972008);
- co-organiser and member of the Coordination Office for the National FP7 Supporting Infrastructure in Slovakia, National Contact Points and National Expert/Delegate for INCO, SME and People;
- formulation of the Regional Innovation Strategies for 4 Slovak regions (Bratislava, Trnava, Nitra and Presov) and development of the RIS 3 for the Bratislava Region (Smart Specialization Strategy) and the National Innovation Strategy S3;
- building the innovation and technology transfer infrastructure (National Centre for Technology Transfer and technology transfer offices in the public research organisations);
- active membership in national and international networks for research and innovation. BIC Bratislava has a long tradition in leading and participating in the EU projects focused on research and innovation (more than 50 projects funded by FP4-FP7, CIP, Central Europe Programme 2007-2013, Phare, IVF).