Austrian Research Promotion Agency
The Austrian Research Promotion Agency, Division of European & International Programmes (EIP) hosts all Austrian National Contact Points to FP7, the Austrian EUREKA Office, the Enterprise Europe Network, the Competitiveness & Innovation Programme (CIP) as well as the ICT Policy Support Programme (ICT-PSP). FFG is the biggest Austrian funding agency for applied research. As host of the Enterprise Europe Network, FFG/EIP is also pro-actively supporting Technology Transfer. FFG/EIP has been involved in more than 70 EU FP projects since FP5, focused on all aspects of capacity building, NCP structure development and training towards the FP in the EU New Member States, Associated Countries, Western Balkan and Eastern Europe and Central Asian Countries, China, Russia, USA, etc.; several of these FP projects were coordinated by FFG/EIP
The Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG) is the national funding agency for industrial research and development in Austria. As a "one-stop shop" offering a diversified and targeted programme portfolio, the FFG gives Austrian businesses and research facilities quick and uncomplicated access to research funding. The FFG was founded on 1 September 2004. The FFG is wholly owned by the Republic of Austria, represented by the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (bmvit) and the Federal Ministry of Economy, Family and Youth (BMWFJ). As a provider of funding services, however, the FFG also works for other national and international institutions. The tasks of the FFG are stipulated follows:
- to manage and finance research projects in the business and science sectors, impulse programmes for the economy and research facilities, and networks fostering cooperation between science and industry.
- to manage cooperative programmes and projects with the EU and other European and international partners.
- to represent Austria"s interests at relevant European and international institutions on behalf of the Austrian government.
- to provide consultation and support to intensify Austria"s involvement in European programmes, especially in the EU Framework Programme for Research, Technology and Innovation and the Framework Programme for Competitiveness and Innovation.
- to provide support and strategy development services for decision-makers in the Austrian innovation system.
- to improve public awareness of the importance of R&D.