Call for Application: Grants for Research Stays at the University of Vienna
For students of Universities in Albania, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Croatia, Kosovo (under UNSCR 1244), FYR of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, who are presently enrolled in a Master- or PhD-Programme in the field of History, philology or political sciences. Deadline: May 30, 2010.
- Posted on: 26.04.2010
Grant period: October 2010 until January 2011 (incl.)
Target group: Eligible candidates for the grant are students who are enrolled in a master- or PhD-programme at their home-universities and are working on their diploma-/master- or PhD-thesis. During their stay at the University of Vienna the successful candidates should do intensive scientific research and participate in the academic life of the respective Department of the University of Vienna. The continuous presence of the grant-holders in Vienna during the grant-period is therefore required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
* Excellent academic performance.
* Good command of English and/or German.
* A specific research project in the subject area of ‘History, philology or political sciences’’ for the grant-period at the University of Vienna.
Documents required for application:
* Detailed description of the scientific project that should be carried out during the stay at the University of Vienna.
* Motivation letter in which the candidate explains why he/she would like to do his/her research work at the University of Vienna and how he/she thinks to take part in the academic life of the University of Vienna.
* A letter of recommendation.
* Detailed CV with postal delivery-address, Email-address and telephone number.
* Proof of English and/or German (copies of certificates or confirmation of the supervisor of the master- or doctoral thesis or proof of the participation in a study-programme held in German or English or proof of a longer stay in a German/English speaking country).
* Transcript of records or copy of the graduation certificate.
* Copy of passport.
An expert-group of the Osteuropaforum at the University of Vienna will make a ranking-list of the candidates and propose it to the Vice Rector for Educational Program Development and Internationalization for the final decision. The candidates will be informed about the results of the selection.
The successful candidate(s) will get a grant of € 1000 per month for 4 months each to cover all living costs during the stay at the University of Vienna. No travel costs will be reimbursed.
Terms of application, submission of application:
Applications have to be sent via e-mail, fax or by post until latest 30 of May 2010 (date of e-mail and postmark) to Univ.-Prof. Dr. Oliver Schmitt (email@example.com), Institut für Osteuropäische Geschichte, Spitalgasse 2, Hof 3 (Campus), 1090 Vienna/Austria; T: +43-1-4277-411 18, F: +43-1-4277-9 411.
Please note: If the application is carried out by post (if any of the necessary documents can not be scanned, they must be sent by post or by fax), an announcement of the application by email until latest 30th of May 2010 is indispensable!