Call for Foresight and ICT experts: FORSEE, deadline February 10, 2012
FORSEE (Regional ICT Foresight exercise for Southeast European countries) project partner ZSI, the Centre for Social Innovation (Vienna, Austria) has issued a call for Foresight and ICT experts. The call is yet open until the end of the week (February 10, 2012).
- Posted on: 07.02.2012
ZSI is seeking to sub-contract a team of three experts: a foresight expert; an ICT expert with a good overview of ICT policies in the SEE region and an expert to bridge Foresight and ICT.
Under this call, three external experts will be selected by an international selection committee:
- Expert 1 (team leader): profile in developing Foresight methodologies
- Expert 2 (team member): profile in ICT in South East European Countries (SEE)
- Expert 3 (team member): profile in Foresight and ICT
General requirements and professional experience
- Expert 1, team leader, has senior experience in Foresight methodology at the highest level (minimum of 10 years of experience, evidenced by the CV and information about contact persons for obtaining references and comprehensive list of reference projects).
- Expert 2, team member, should be a senior expert in ICT and has a thorough overview of recent ICT developments – globally in general and in SEE in particular. (This expert has a minimum of 10 years of experience, evidenced by the CV and information about contact persons for obtaining references and comprehensive list of reference projects.)
- Expert 3, team member, has solid experience in Foresight and extensive experience in ICT on the international level (minimum of 5 years of experience, evidenced by the CV and information about contact persons for obtaining references and comprehensive list of reference projects).
- The expert team will be recruited by mid-February and will be operative until mid-May 2012.
- Preparatory stage (preparation of the short briefing paper by the expert team) – Mid February – mid March 2012 (expert team)
- Workshop on Foresight methods in Vienna – second half of March 2012 (expert team)
- Follow-up workshop in Vienna – first half of April 2012 (expert team)
- Regional Foresight Methodology workshop with FORSEE project members at project meeting in Slovenia – May 2012 (expert team leader)
- (Estimated dates and places are subject to change).
Please send your applications per e-mail to: Gorazd Weiss, email@example.com
Further information is provided in the document attached below or at ZSI website.
The ‘FORSEE – Regional ICT Foresight exercise for Southeast European countries’ project targets ICT Research, Development and Innovation (RDI) policy reform in the South-eastern Europe (SEE) region, proposing a focused effort on introducing a Foresight culture in the region, which is necessary to accelerate socio-economic growth in participating countries striving to meet the challenges of the global networked economy and to participate on equal footing in the European Research Area. The FORSEE initiative aims to introduce a sustainable mechanism for ICT RDI Foresight in the region, attempting to tackle the absence of a regular process applied for technological future orientation and research policy review.