University of Montenegro Seeks Expert on Food Safety for REGPOT Project
The Biotechnical Faculty of the University of Montenegro is seeking an expert in the field of food safety and quality control to participate in the FP7-REGPOT project AgriSciMont. The EU Funding scheme - Coordination and support action encourages experts who left their countries of origin to return back, thus candidates of Montenegrin origin working abroad are encouraged to apply. Application Deadline: June 20, 2010.
- Posted on: 04.06.2010
The AgriSciMont project aims at improving capacities and human resources in order to increase international visibility and to strengthen the position of the Faculty as an important research body in the agricultural and food sciences in the region of the Western Balkans.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Agri SciMont Project Management the expert will be responsible for:
- Providing the expertise for the existing food safety and quality control programs, procedures and methodologies;
- Development of new food safety and quality control programs, procedures and methodologies;
- Assessment of the training programs related to the food safety and quality control;
- Increasing the research excellence within the field, improve the collaboration, knowledge and experience exchange between the BTF Departments;
- Collaborate with relevant institutions in the country and abroad in order to facilitate strengthening of the food safety and quality control area in Montenegro;
- Supporting preparation of project proposals for FP7, IPA and other support schemes;
- Participating in developing of RTD Strategy of BTF, focusing on Food safety and Food quality issues;
- Promoting and increasing visibility of the Biotechnical Faculty at international level;
- Participating in the Food Cluster Initiative activities.
- PhD degree in microbiology, food science or other food safety and quality control related field;
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience;
- Familiarity with national and international policy priorities in the field of food safety and quality control;
- Strong communication and consultative skills;
- English and Montenegrin fluency required;
Salary: Salary for the position will be matter of negotiation.
Duration: 35 months, possibility of extension depending on available funding.
Application Instructions: Send cover letter, CV including references, list of relevant publications and at least two letters of recommendations, not later than June 20, 2010, to the following address: Biotechnical Faculty, Mihaila Lalica 1, 81000 Podgorica, Montenegro (specifying Application for the AgriSciMont project) or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone inquiries, please. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. The BTF will provide equal opportunity in employment without regard to sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status or sex orientation. The appointment will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
Source: Ministry of Education and Science, Montenegro.