[Event Announcement & Call for Applications] 9th DRC (Danube Rectors’ Conference) Summer School on Regional Co-operation
The 9th DRC (Danube Rectors’ Conference) Summer School on Regional Co-operation will take place from July 1, untill July 8, 2012 in Marburg, Slovenia. The DRC Summer School is organised annually under the intellectual sponsorship of the Danube Rectors’ Conference. This years topic is: "Challenges for the European Union in the Next Decade - A View from the Danube Region". Applications to the Summer School can be handed in untill June 5, 2012.
- Posted on: 09.03.2012
- Max. 30 young scientists from the Danube Region and Central Europe
- Graduates who want to present their research projects to the students of the Summer School in the lectures
- Interested individuals from regional organisations, public administration and scientific institutions
- Migration: Brain Drain and Brain Circulation
- Environmental and Economic Challenges: A Chance for Sustainable Development?
- Research and Education: Opportunities to foster (Inter)regional Co-operation
- EU enlargement: Limits and Chances
- Lectures by high level scientists, young graduates and experts (politicians, civil servants, representatives of regional organisations, NGOs, EU officials)
- Presentation of Best Practice projects
- Presentation of papers prepared by the participants
- Discussion in parallel workshops
- Presentation of the results of each working group and plenary discussion
- Working language is English.
Applications for participation may be handed in by e-mail to Mr. Zoltan Vörös (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax and should include the application form (see below), the CV of the applicant and an abstract max. 2 pages of the paper that shall be presented in the framework of the Summer School. The participants are selected by a jury taking into account the guidance of the presidency of the Danube Rectors’ Conference (DRC).
The registration fee of the Summer School is EUR 200.-, the contribution to the expenses for board and accommodation is EUR 230.-
The deadline for application is June 5, 2012, after the acceptance of your paper the registration and board and accommodation fees have to be paid by June 20, 2012. Please find more details on the application form.
After the acceptance of your paper the registration (EUR 100.-) and board and accommodation fees have to be paid by April 15, 2012.
Please find further information in the Call description (see below) or at: www.drcsummerschool.eu/
From: 1 July 2012
To: 8 July 2012
- Posted on: 07.11.2008
- Created by: Katarina Rohsmann
The Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM) addresses current questions regarding the Danube region, Central and Southeast Europe to ...read more