Learning Energy Efficiency Networks in Romania
Learning Energy Efficiency Networks (LEEN) have a strong positive impact on achieving the climate targets. Participating enterprises reduce the energy costs significantly – and by being member of a LEEN on a highly cost efficient way. The successful LEEN system is on the way to be implemented in Romania by Steinbeis Transfer Management Ltd. Evaluations of existing LEEN in Germany showed that “companies cooperating in networks increase their efficiency twice as fast as the German industrial average.” This best practice from Germany is now available in Romania. Regional LEEN are under construction in Alba Iulia, Brasov, Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca
Steinbeis Transfer Management S.r.l. in Bucharest (STM) as the Network Carrier implements Learning Energy Efficiency Networks in Romania. LEEN in Romania are regional networks. About 8 to 12 companies (members) participate in one regional LEEN. Maximum number of accepted members will be 15. The Management System of LEEN Germany forms the basis of the work in the Network. STM is official representative of LEEN GmbH (Germany) in Romania.
The expansion of LEEN towards West Balkan countries and Romania was supported by the state of Baden-Württemberg.
Summary of benefits for the members in a regional LEEN:
- a complete assessment of the saving potentials in crosscutting technologies (and several process technologies)
- an economic evaluation of the saving potentials (internal rate of return, payback period and net present value)
- evaluation of realized measures by monitoring
- an information network as a know-how pool
- exchange of experiences to realize the measures (no intention to sell)
- staff qualification
- up to date information on new technologies, e.g. presented by certified consulting engineers (no promotion lectures)
- credible and authentic PR activities
- full access to LEENIZE during the entire partnership; LEENIZE is the online solution for centralized planning, tracking, reporting and benchmarking of energy efficiency initiatives and measures.