The Mediterranean Programme is a Transnational Cooperation Operational Programme under the European Territorial Cooperation Objective between Cyprus, France, the United Kingdom, Greece, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain (with participation of Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Albania with IPA funds) for the period 2007-2013.
The Operational Programme aims to:
- disseminate innovative technologies and know-how;
- strengthen strategic cooperation between public authorities and economic development bodies;
- protect and enhance natural resources and heritage;
- promote renewable energy and energy efficiency;
- reduce maritime risks and improve safety in the Mediterranean sea; and
- improve accessibility to the sea and local ports through the use of intermodal transport solutions.
Projects in the following priorities have been funded:
- Priority 1: Strengthening innovation capacities
- Priority 2: Protection of the environment and promotion of a sustainable territorial development
- Priority 3: Improving mobility and territorial accessibility
- Priority 4: Promotion of a polycentric and integrated MED space
- Priority 5: Technical assistance