Training on Technology Transfer and IP Management
This training is organised by the Department Technology Transfer and IP Management of the Center of Plant Systems Biology and Biotechnology in Plovdiv, Bulgaria
This one day traning will address the following topics:
IP management at application, implication and impact stages of collaborative research projects, Effective IP strategies to maximize the impact of research
- IP management: Necessary provisions for commercialization and technology transfer
- IP ownership (Institutional, Joint, etc.): what are the decisive factors?
- nonprotected background and foreground IP
- matching different institutional strategies
- Necessary agreements for collaborative research under a consortium: scope and provisions, time frames
- possible conflicts and disputes
Introduction to IP and IPR,
- What is Intellectual Property (IP)?
- What are Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)?
- Why should I deal with IP/IPR issues? Why should IP be an integral part of my business strategy? What are the first steps to be taken?
- What IP protection can I use (e.g. trademarks, patents etc.)?
- To which institutions can I turn for help?
- What do different IP titles cost?
- How do I perform basic IP searches? What tools exist?
- What does counterfeiting mean?
- How can IPR be enforced?
- What are the basic mechanisms of making money with IP?