Danube-INCO.NET Workshop on ERA and Innovation Union: Performance-based research funding
The 3rd workshop on European Research Area and Innovation Union will be held in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova on June 23rd, 2016.
The workshop will address the topic of Performance-based research funding – towards more effective national research and innovation systems in the Danube region, corresponding to the ERA Priority 1: effective national research systems.
The specific objectives of the workshop are:
- to analyse the state of progress in both EU countries and in non-EU countries regarding the level of competition in research and innovation funding and usage of performance indicators as criteria for R&D funding;
- to discuss key issues in the Danube countries in this regard from the national perspectives, focusing on the non-EU Danube region countries; (this may include, wherever relevant, the exchange of arguments regarding data availability, robustness and / harmonization towards the Innovation Union Scoreboard and the EU innovation indicator);
- to transfer good practices from Danube countries with well-functioning R&I systems to those with identified deficiencies in this regard; and
- to identify concrete measures to be recommended to policy-makers and funding agencies in the countries with ongoing reformation processes of R&I systems for enhancing progress towards catching-up to international excellence standards.
The target audience includes policy-makers, programme owners and, as well as, research administrators and managers who are involved in the design or negotiation or implementation of reforms of the national, regional or institutional systems; involved in developing or managing the statistical systems on R&I and linking them to the EU R&I monitoring system or subjects to the assessments of R&I performance or funding procedures at the institutional or project level.
The participation to the workhop is upon invitation.
- Posted on: 15.07.2015
- Created by: Desiree Pecarz
The EUA - European university Association released a new report in July, which maps the use of performance-based funding of universities across Europe...read more