Lunchtime briefing: The new ESPON 2020 programme: what's in it for regions and cities?
Between 2014 and 2020, the new ESPON 2020 Programme will promote and foster a European territorial dimension in development and cooperation by providing evidence, knowledge transfer and policy learning to public authorities and other policy actors at all levels.
During this event, representatives of the European Commission's DG for Regional and Urban Policy and of the ESPON 2020 programme will present its possibilities for regional and local authorities and research institutes.
1) How will the ESPON 2020 programme be implemented and how can regions and cities benefit from it?
2) What are the main differences compared to the previous programme, the thematic priorities and the key challenges of implementation?
3) What are the main ESPON 2020 events and activities planned in 2015 and beyond?
The agenda includes the following speakers:
- Eric von Breska, Head of Unit "Economic Analysis", European Commission, DG for Regional and Urban Policies
- Jean-Claude Sinner, ESPON 2020 Managing Authority
- Thiemo Eser, ESPON 2020 Managing Authority
- Peter Mehlbye, ESPON 2020
Registration is available here.
The event can be followed live on the internet via: http://livestream.com/corlive1/events/3986707