6th CASEE conference “Latest Trends in Bioeconomy in Danube Region”
The scientific programme of the 6th CASEE conference will cover all aspects of biotechnology, including environmental and green biotechnology, microbial biotechnology, microbial synthetic and systems biology, biochemical engineering, medical biotechnology, biomedicine and much more.
The 6th CASEE conference "Latest Trends in Bioeconomy in Danube Region” taking place on 24-26 May 2015 in Nitra, Slovak Republic, is being organised by the CASEE Board and the Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra. Agrobiological sciences encompass a wide variety of subjects, particularly those regarding the relationship between humans and the environment. This includes sustainable development, biodiversity conservation, plant breeding, soil science, bio-resource engineering, weed science, as well as agricultural economics and ecosystem management. In order to sustain the growing population, we must effectively manage the planet’s natural resources.
One of the primary goal of the conference is to promote research and development activities in Nutrition and Food Sciences. The conference will provide excellent opportunity to network, share ideas and form partnerships with agrobiology, biotechnology and food associations, learned societies in agrobiology, biotechnology, foods research institutes, universities. Another goal is to promote scientific information interchange between researchers, developers, engineers, students, and practitioners working in the Danube region and other European countries.
Section and subsection:
- Soil and Water Management
- Crops Science and Biodiversity
- Organic Agronomy
- Animal Production, Hygiene and Welfare
- Agriculture Economics and Agribusiness Management
- Energy, alternative energy
- Waste Resource management
- Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
- Biotechnology and biomedicine
- Trends in biotechnology
- Food science and nutrition
- Food safety and security
- Food innovation and processing
The programme of the conference is attached below.
Registration on-line at: http://www.casee2015.uniag.sk/content/registration
Deadline for registration: 15 April 2015
Participation to the conference is subject to the payment of the registration fee:
- for CASEE members: 170 EUR
- for Non-CASEE members: 220 EUR
- for PhD students: 100 EUR
- 20 PhD students (presenters) are exempted from paying the registration fee
- for accompanying persons: 80 EUR
Conference fee is including: conference materials, coffee, meals, social program.
- Excursion (optional) 30 EUR
The “ICA Regional Network for Central and South Eastern Europe” (CASEE), is a network of Central and South Eastern European Higher Education Institutions relating to the Life Science disciplines (agriculture, food, biotechnology, natural resources, rural development and the environment).
CASEE is an international non-profit organisation with the main aim to stimulate and support its member institutions in the development of a European dimension in education and research through the development of concerted actions and in engaging globally.
The objectives of the network are:
- to support the development (and later implementation) of the EU Strategy for the Danube region,
- to strengthen research, education and University Development in this region,
- to develop joint research, educational and other projects (e.g. joint curricula, joint continuous educational offers, structural development, human resource development, QA, know-how-transfer, e.g. via an e-platform).