E2C Energy Conference Maastricht - WBC-INCO.NET Consultation Session and Exhibition
The 2nd European Energy Conference took place in Maastricht, NL from April 17 to 20, 2012 and was chaired by Professor Harald Bolt, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany. The conference provided participants with a view and a vision on how the future of energy in Europe could look like. It was a forum to define the role of energy science and research in the transformation process towards the future sustainable European energy system. In the Conference, around 350 participants were registered. WBC-INCO.NET participated in the European Energy Conference "E2C" by supporting the participation of 18 energy researchers from the Western Balkan countries, providing information at an exhibition stand to showcase energy research excellence in the region and organising two side events during the Conference.
E2C combined in its conference programme plenary keynote presentations on diverse energy themes with devoted symposia in specialised fields. Keynote lectures were given on overarching subjects of energy and associated climate research topics. Thematic symposia addressed more specific topics of the symposia.
WBC-INCO.NET contributed to the event with 2 sessions within its WP 2:
- one public session (April 17, 2012) informing about cooperation possibilities with the region and research excellence (public session for all participants); the Energy NCP-Network C-Energy+ contributed to this session by presenting funding possibilities in the frame of the FP7- and the CIP-Programmes;
- one closed session (April 18, 2012) for the participants from the Western Balkan countries (“Consultation session”) on the identification of regional research priorities as an input to regional specialisation and input to strategy development.
The agendas can be found below as well as the list pf participants of the closed session. The results are also presented in a document below providing the identified regional research priorities in the field of Energy for the Western Balkans.
WBC-INCO.NET also participated in the exhibition - presenting research and innovation from the region and the background reports on Energy research prepared in WP2. The exhibition was supported in the frame of wbc-inco.net's WP5.
More informaiton on the E2C Conference can be found under:
- E2C Conference Poster (PDF 2.35MB)
- E2C Conference Flyer "Registration is NOW open" (PDF 107KB)
- E2C Conference Flyer "Final call for Abstracts" (PDF 66 KB)
- E2C Information Pack (PDF 512 KB)
- Logo E2C
Below please find the agendas of the two sessions organised by WBC-INCO.NET.
- Posted on: 23.10.2012
- Created by: Ines Marinkovic
In cooperation with the Committee on Eastern European Economic Relations and supported by the BMWi, the International Dialogue Centre Environment and...read more
- Posted on: 19.04.2012
- Created by: Anngrit Pichler
These questionnaires aim at producing an inventory of research structures, current and future R&D priorities, and policies for cooperation between...read more