EURIPIDES² and PENTA Synchronised Call
After the success of the 2019 joint initiative, two EUREKA-funded Clusters dedicated to collaborative industrial innovation – EURIPIDES² and PENTA, are joining forces again to launch a second synchronised call to submit R&D&I project proposals in all area of the Electronics Components and Systems (ECS) Strategic Research Agenda (SRA). As the digital revolution gains momentum, collaborative innovation projects must increasingly work along the ECS value chain. The 2020 synchronised EURIPIDES²/ PENTA call contributes towards a simplification of the funding landscape and brings a wider range of countries and partners together through EURIPIDES², PENTA, and, where appropriate, co-labelled projects. It clarifies the funding choices that collaborative teams can access, helps to standardise submission processes and provide high quality support to projects.
Are you part of the Electronic Components and Systems value chain?Do you want to access new markets, technologies and skills?Do you want to work with partners beyond national borders, developing new products, and accelerating your time-to-market? Are you looking for a fast and flexible funding instrument dedicated to trans-national European projects?
- Launch : 19/11/2019 at EFECS
- PO submission deadline : 28/02/2020
- FPP submission deadline :20/05/2020
For the 2020 synchronised EURIPIDES²/PENTA call, projects can be submitted in all areas of the Electronic Components & Systems Strategic Agenda ECS-SRA. Three European industry associations - AENEAS, ARTEMIS-IA and EPoSS - representing large companies, SMEs, universities and research institutes from across the entire electronic components and systems value chain have joined together to produce a common Strategic Research Agenda (SRA) 2019. This common framework for Research, Development and Innovation (R&D&I) identifies 10 chapters which addresses the 5 essential capabilities required to meet the 5 key application needs. This ECS-SRA and its 2019 edition drives PENTA and EURIPIDES² focus areas as follows:
Key application areas: Transport and Smart Mobility, Health and Well-Being, Energy, Digital Industry, Digital Life
Essential capabilities: Systems and Components, Design, packaging and systems Integration, Connectivity and Interoperability, Safety, Security and Reliability, Computing and Storage, Process, Equipment, Materials and Manufacturing for ECS
EURIPIDES² and PENTA support projects that can be set up quickly and implemented in a manner that matches the specific needs of the project objectives and the participants. The main criteria in submitting a project are:
- EURIPIDES² and PENTA projects are industry driven, technically innovative and application oriented. Projects may develop innovative product, process or service.
- Projects reflect market demand, market pull, market expectations at least two years after completion of the project.
- In all projects, partners from a minimum number of two countries (EUREKA Member country, Partner country and Associated country) covering at least an essential section of the total value chain are required.
- In the case of co-labelled EURIPIDES²/PENTA projects, a mixed funding approach can apply in which projects may involve countries supporting either PENTA and not EURIPIDES² or vice versa.
Project consortia can be composed of representatives from large industry, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), research institutes, universities and user organisations (profit or non-profit).