INNOWWIDE | 1st Call for Viability Assessment Projects (VAPs) still open!
INNOWWIDE – Viability assessment of collaborative and INNOvative business solutions in WorldWIDE markets, is a Horizon 2020 project that aims to fund at least 120 European innovative SMEs and start-ups to conduct Viability Assessment Projects (VAPs) in markets outside of Europe. The INNOWWIDE pilot call intends to bring European highly innovative SMEs to the forefront of international markets by opening two calls that will allow them to conduct Viability Assessment Projects (VAPs) in cooperation with local stakeholders. It will, then, create the conditions to increase the uptake of European innovative solutions in markets outside of Europe. The VAP lasts no longer than six months. Two calls will be implemented with a total budget of 7,2M€, allowing to fund 120 VAPs (60k€/VAP), and targeting markets of developing countries, large emerging economies (Brazil, Russia, India, China, Mexico) and developed countries with the same allocation for each of these three country categories.
What is a VAP?
Viability Assessment Projects (VAPs) are a comprehensive, balanced and coherent set of preliminary technical, market, legal and socioeconomic assessments intended to validate the viability of international, innovative businesses solutions along emerging global value chains.
They should identify and assess key framework conditions that may favour or block the effective deployment of collaborative solutions and models in target third countries.
VAPs also include a refined and viable definition of such business solutions and models, together with their implementation strategies.
Who can apply?
- SMEs, including young companies and start-ups, from any sector looking to compete and start business in new and emerging markets around the world.
- The beneficiary has to be an “enterprise” (business corporation, cooperative) engaged in an economic activity (selling products or providing services on the market at a given price). Newly established enterprises (start-up companies) or companies without economic activity (but expecting to enter soon into the market) may also qualify as SMEs.
- Self-employed, partnerships and associations or any other entity different from the above mentioned will not be eligible.
- The beneficiary must be established in an EU Member State or a Horizon 2020 associated country and meet financial viability criteria specified in INNOWWIDE guidelines
- The beneficiary must commit to establish project financial accounts and to report to the INNOWWIDE consortia of the execution and the results of the VAP.
How to apply?
- Go to the INNOWWIDE website and click on Apply for Funding under VAP Application and Guidelines.
- Complete registration form and follow instructions to set up an account
- Complete all sections of the application form (including the SME self-assessment, the Ethics self-assessment and the Financial Information) and submit by 31 May 2019 at 17.00 CET.
- You will be contacted with the results of your application by 01/10/2019 at the latest.
- 01 April to 31 May 2019
Submission of applications
- End of September 2019
Results communication/grant signature
The budget available for this call is 3,000,000 €. Each approved VAP will receive a fixed grant amount of €60,000, representing a maximum of 70% of total eligible project costs, which should be a minimum of €86,000. 50% will be disbursed at the beginning of the project. After 6 months, the beneficiary will be required to submit a VAP final report. Following approval of this report, the remaining 50% will be paid.
- INNOWWIDE Project Website
- Apply for funding – Application Portal
- VAP Application & Guidelines
- VAP Call Text
- VAP Call Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions – 1st VAP Call
- Example of INNOWWIDE Application Form – 1st Call
- Project Presentation & Call Introduction
- INNOWWIDE promotion video bei Steinbeis 2i GmbH
- INNOWWIDE Webinar recording "INNOWWIDE Granting scheme for European SMEs approaching international markets"