ESPON 2020: Applied Research Activities - Prior Information
The objective of the ESPON 2020 Cooperation Programme is to support the reinforcement of the effectiveness of EU Cohesion Policy and other sectoral policies and programmes under European Structural Investment (ESI) funds as well as national and regional territorial development policies, through the production, dissemination and promotion of territorial evidence covering the entire territory of the 28 EU Members States, as well as 4 Partner States of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
In 2017 the ESPON EGTC will tender 7 out of the following 15 themes for applied research activities:
- Functional Urban and Metropolitan Regions in Europe
- Financial Instruments and Territorial Cohesion
- Green Infrastructures and ecosystem services
- Blue Growth in Europe
- European Territorial Reference Framework towards 2050
- Transport Systems in a Polycentric Europe
- Youth Unemployment: Territorial trends and regional resilience
- Vision building in cross-border regions
- Economic impacts of natural hazards
- Territorial consequences of limiting land take
- Circular Economy and Territorial Consequences
- Flows of Migrants and Refugees
- Growth beyond GDP
- Macro-regional links and interdependencies
- Territories with geographical specificities.
The7 Applied Research Activities will be tendered in 2017 after the decision of the Monitoring Committee.
- This pre-announcement has been published at the “Supplement to the Official Journal of the European Union” dedicated to European public procurement TED (Tenders Electronic Daily), and at the “Portail des Marchés Publics” of Luxembourg.
- Contact: email@example.com