Call for applications: 5th Young Scholars Forum (YSF) on Central- and South East Europe
The Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM), is organizing a symposium that will take place in December 01-03, 2016 in Vienna. The Call for papers and applications is now open.
- Posted on: 07.03.2016
Aims of the project:
- Promoting and encouraging young scholars to engage with Central and South East Europe;
- Presentation of research by young scholars to a wider public;
- Exchange among young and more advanced researchers on topics, methods, sources and results;
- Furthering mobility within the region;
- Publication of contributions and results;
Max. 30 Young scholars working on Central and South East Europe in the fields of cultural studies, history, anthropology, media studies, political sciences, geography and sociology.
Date and venue:
The symposium will take place December 01-03, 2016 in Vienna.
- Presentation of research papers/projects by high level experts and young scholars;
- (Plenary) discussions;
- Social and cultural programme;
Applications for participation may be submitted via e-mail by May 30, 2016and have to include a full academic CV and an abstract (max. 1 page) of the research paper that shall be presented and discussed at the symposium.
Participation fee: € 100,-
Costs for travel expenses (up to €200), board & accommodation will be reimbursed by the IDM.
Please send applications to:
Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM)
Mag. Sebastian Schäffer, MA
Academic coordinator: Vicerector Univ.-Prof. Dr. Heinz Faßmann, Applied Geography, Spatial Research and Spatial Planning at the Department of Geography and Spatial Research at the University of Vienna
- Beginn: Donnerstag, 01 Dezember 2016
- Ende: Samstag, 03 Dezember 2016
- Posted on: 07.11.2008
- Created by: Katarina Rohsmann
The Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM) addresses current questions regarding the Danube region, Central and Southeast Europe to ...read more