Jan Patocka Fellowships 2014/2015 for Czech scholars
The program supports research inspired by Jan Patocka’s thought and committed to his legacy and will enable Czech senior and junior researchers to pursue a research project of their choice while working in residence at the IWM in Vienna. It is open to all academic disciplines in the humanities and social sciences.
Candidates for the Jan Patočka Junior Visiting Fellowship
- must be Czech citizens
- must currently pursue a doctoral degree or have recently obtained a Ph.D. in any discipline in the humanities or social sciences
- must not be older than 35 years
Jan Patočka Senior Visiting Fellowships are granted by invitation only.
Applications have to be submitted via the online application form including:
- a concise research proposal in English (max. 8,000 characters incl. spaces) including
- the academic problem(s) addressed
- a critical consideration of current relevant literature
- the research goals and expected results
- a work and time schedule (if the duration of the project exceeds the six-month term at the IWM, please indicate which part will be completed during the fellowship)
- a curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
- two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work
Please send all your application materials as PDF files!
Deadline for Application: May 25, 2014 (date of receipt)
The finalists will be selected by a jury of experts. Applicants will be notified of the jury decision in summer 2014. The jury is not required to publicly justify its decisions.